Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homecoming


After expressing our gratitude to the nurses and doctors at Littleton Hospital, we parted ways and made the trek up an ice-slickened C-470 tonight and arrived home safely.

Lillian got a look at her new home, saw her room (I think she's already planning to repaint!) and quickly got a meal from mom.

As I think a lot of new parents might say, there is a certain feeling of apprehenision and discomfort as you walk out of the hospital with your first child. Kids don't come with instruction manuals. There are many more hoops to jump through and qualifications to meet to buy a house than to birth and bring home a child. It's a little baffling if you think about it honestly.

Apprehensive and uncomfortable as it may be, it turns out that we are blessed.

While we were away one of Sarah's sisters came over here and brought in the mail, took in the newspapers and left some things for us in the kitchen - including ribbons for our daughter's hair. In all of the excitement and craziness of the last few days this is something I think we'll not forget. I can only hope that Lilly grows up to be like her Aunt Traci.

Here's to you #16, from the one who came in to the world on the 16th.

No comments: